The three-story Acme building, built by JR Whitemore at 101 Broadway, has seen many changes in Nashville’s business community since its first tenants in 1890. Among them included the Cummins brothers’ grocery store (one of whom later headed an investment group that built Nashville’s first reinforced concrete building, which still bears the name Cummins Station), Southern Soda Works, Continental Baking Powder Co., Ford Flour Co., D. Byrd and Co., Bearden Buggy, Sherman Transfer Co., Chadwell Transfer and Storage Co., and Tennessee Wholesale Drug Co.Nashville businessman Currey L. Turner moved his feed store, Acme Feed and Hatchery, into the building in 1943 and changed the name to Acme Farm Supply in 1965. Acme was known for its promotions, including holding annual “Purina jamborees” featuring Purina pigs Ike and Mike, who were given away as door prizes. That promotion gave way to free “dog dipping” (treating a dog for fleas) on Saturdays, which provided many memorable moments for families across middle Tennessee, including Acme Feed & Seed proprietor Tom Morales. Acme also owned a famous pet calf named Beautena that would appear on stage at the Grand Ole Opry during commercials.Acme Farm Supply closed their doors after 91 years of business, the last 56 of which were spent at 101 Broadway. The building sat mostly vacant until Tom Morales and his partners leased the property in 2014 to open Acme Feed & Seed.